PORTLAND, Oregon --
Due to the COVID-19 virus, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Portland District (Corps) has closed several recreation sites to protect the public and Corps employees.
- Most day-use parks and boat ramps. (See park closures below)
- All Visitor Centers are closed until further notice.
- All Corps-operated campgrounds will remain closed until May 21. The Corps will evaluate reopening the campgrounds as the COVID-19 issue evolves.
- All group events and reservations are canceled until further notice.
- Robins Island and Bradford Island Parks
- Parks that are normally closed in the off-season will remained closed until further notice. This include:
- Takelma Day Use and Boat Ramp, Lost Creek Lake
- Roosevelt Park and boat ramp, John Day Lock and Dam
- Shortridge, Wilson Creek and Riverside parks, Cottage Grove Lake
- Kirk Park, Fern Ridge Lake
- Meridian Park, Lookout Point Lake
Any sites deemed unsafe for staff or the public due to public health or safety concerns will be closed on a case-by-case basis. The Corps will continue to share updates with the public on how COVID-19 impacts our recreation mission as this situation evolves. For more information about recreation, visit: www.nwp.usace.army.mil/Missions/Recreation/.
When visiting open recreation sites, please take the following actions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. It is recommended that you:
- Carry hand sanitizer or personal options for washing hands. Please remember that public places are only as clean as the last person who touched them. Our vault restrooms do not have water available and may not have hand sanitizer. Take the recommended necessary precautions with all high-exposure areas, such as play structures and restrooms.
- Cancel or reschedule existing campground reservations; visit www.Recreation.gov or call (877) 444-6777.
- Cancel or reschedule any group events planned at a Corps picnic shelter or site. Follow federal and state size limits for group gatherings.
- Follow CDC guidance for how to protect yourself and others at www.coronavirus.gov.
Learn more about what the U.S. government is doing here: www.usa.gov/coronavirus.
Questions? Call the public affairs office at 503-808-4510.
Stay up-to-date with Portland District openings and closures by following us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @PortlandCorps.
*This news release is an update to a previous release posted on March 16; read it here.*
Release no. 20-004