OMAHA, Neb. --
Twice a year, the Missouri River Basin Water Management Division hosts public meetings to discuss the Missouri River Mainstem System, its runoff and reservoir operations. The spring public meetings are scheduled for April 9-11 across the Missouri River Basin.
Spring public meetings provide a status of mountain snowpack, plains snowmelt, a runoff forecast for the year, and how operations during the runoff year will meet the authorized purposes for the Missouri River Mainstem System.
Because of increased attention on the system this spring, meeting venues announced in early March have changed. Dates and cities are unchanged. The Nebraska City meeting time has been changed to 5 p.m..
The spring public meeting schedule is as follows:
Tuesday, April 9 – Fort Peck, Montana
- Start time: 11 a.m. (MDT)
- Fort Peck Interpretative Center
- Lower Yellowstone Rd.
Tuesday, April 9 – Bismarck, North Dakota
- Start time: 6 p.m. (CDT)
- Bismarck State College, National Energy Center of Excellence (NECE), Bldg. 15, Rm 304
- 1200 Schafer Street
Wednesday, April 10 – Fort Pierre, South Dakota
- Start time: 10 a.m. (CDT)
- Casey Tibbs Conference Center
- 210 Verendrye Drive
Wednesday, April 10 – Sioux City, Iowa
- Start time: 4 p.m. (CDT)
- Sioux City Lewis & Clark Interpretive Center (auditorium)
- Betty Strong Encounter Center
- 900 Larsen Park Rd.
Thursday, April 11 – Smithville, Missouri
- Start time: 11 a.m. (CDT)
- Paradise Point Golf Course *updated March 29
- 18212 Golf Course Rd.
Thursday, April 11 – Nebraska City, Nebraska
- Start time: 5 p.m. (CDT)
- Fox Center Event Space
- 424 Central Ave.
Release no. 19-022