OMAHA, Neb. --
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has extended the public comment period for the draft Missouri River Recovery Management Plan and Environmental Impact Statement (MRRMP-EIS) to April 24, 2017. An updated Notice of Availability will be published in the Federal Register on or about Feb. 10. The original comment period was scheduled to end Feb. 24, 2017.
The draft MRRMP-EIS is a programmatic assessment of the Missouri River Recovery Program which includes major federal actions necessary to comply with the Endangered Species Act by avoiding a finding of jeopardy to three federally-listed threatened and endangered species: the pallid sturgeon, interior least tern, and the Northern Great Plains piping plover. The draft MRRMP-EIS can be accessed at https://parkplanning.nps.gov/projectHome.cfm?projectId=48574 or https://www.nwo.usace.army.mil/MRRP/ under the management plan tab.
How to Submit Comments
All comments received, written and oral, will become part of the administrative record.
• Comment Forms—Complete and drop off a comment form before departing the public meetings or mail the form to the address provided below by April 24, 2017.
• Court Reporter—Give comments to the court reporter (one-on-one) during the open house sessions.
• Public Hearing —Give comments at the podium during the public meetings in order of registration.
• Planning, Environment and Public Comment System (PEPC)—Public comments for each section may be made online by linking to the website at https://parkplanning.nps.gov/projectHome.cfm?projectId=48574. (Click open for comment list to review documents open for comment.
• Written Comments—Mail, postmarked by April 24, 2017, to:
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
ATTN: CENWO-PM-AC – Management Plan Comments
1616 Capitol Avenue
Omaha, NE 68102
Release no. 17-012