McNary Dam and Lake Wallula
McNary Dam, Lake Wallula, and associated facilities are operated for Hydropower, Navigation, Fish & Wildlife, Recreation, Water Quality, and Irrigation. McNary Lock and Dam was authorized by Congress for power and navigation in the 1945 Rivers and Harbors Act. Construction began in 1947, and all turbine units were operational in 1957. Lake Wallula extends upstream of the dam for 64 miles to Hanford and has over 242 miles of shoreline.