NWD Districts

Business With Us


Each district has Contracting and Small Business Offices. The Northwestern Division does not award contracts directly.  Contracts are awarded by districts within Northwestern Division. 

USACE Small Business program symbol. A disk with the United States Army Corps of Engineers' Traditional Castle surrounded by the words Small Business Program in gold on a light blue field. Inside that circle in gold on a black background are the words, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.

Small Business

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers maintains a strong commitment to our Small Business Program. Small Business is the heart of the U.S. economy and a vital part of the Corps' acquisition policy. The Northwestern Division fully supports the national policy of providing small and disadvantaged businesses the maximum opportunity to participate in our acquisitions. Each District has a Small Business Offices to coordinate acquisition activities with contracting.

Through the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Small Business program, small businesses are provided opportunities to participate in procurements, thereby ensuring a broad base of capable suppliers to support the USACE mission and strengthen our nation's economic development. 

Small business professionals are available to advise and assist contracting, program managers, and requirements personnel on all matters that affect small buinesses in accordance with the government's policy of placing a fair proportion of contracts with qualified small, small disadvantaged, women owned, HUBZone, service disabled and veteran owned businesses. 

Northwestern Division's Small Business Program

Small Business Information and Resources

Collapse All Expand All
 Small Business advice and assistance 
  • Acquisition procedures
  • Information regarding proposed acquisitions
  • Preparing proposals (interpreting standard clauses, representations, and certifications)
  • Outreach to locate and develop information on technical competencies
  • Officer financial assistance, available under existing regulations,
  • Assist small businesses in obtaining payments under their contracts, late payments, interest penalties, or information on contract payment provisions
  • Registering in the System for Award Management to be eligible to bid on government contracts.
Doing Business with the Corps
 Learn district missions and programs

Visit District websites with which you desire to do business to learn about their missions and the types of services/supplies each procures.

District websites often provide information about upcoming projects, solicitations, contract awards and other general information of interest to firms seeking business opportunities with the federal government.

Call, write or visit the Corps of Engineers Deputy for Small Business for each district to discuss your capabilities and interests.

 Visit the SAM.gov website

GSA is merging its current legacy sites into one system. This transition offers a more efficient way to access all federal award information.

This website, https://sam.gov/SAM/, will be the official U.S. government website for people who make, receive, and manage federal awards. 

Organizations within the federal government publish notices on proposed contract actions valued at more than $25,000. These notices, or contract opportunities, cover announcements through official solicitations in the pre-award process. Anyone interested in doing business with the government can use this system to research active opportunities.

 Review notices and bid-invitations

Review pre-solicitation notices and invitations for bids, with plans and specifications for construction work which are furnished to organizations such as the Associated General Contractors of America (AGC), minority contract associations, and construction industry associations.

These organizations maintain plan display rooms for the benefit of contractors, subcontractors, and material suppliers at no charge.

 Network through conferences and trade fairs

Watch for Business Opportunity Conferences, Trade Fairs and other federally attended or sponsored liaison meetings in your area.

Attend industry days and networking events whenever possible.

USACE procurement and small business specialists who can assist small and small disadvantaged businesses with the selling of their services or products are often at these meetings.

Contractor and Vendor Resources

Collapse All Expand All
  • Contractor's construction quality management training. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers requires all contractors performing construction for them to comply with the “Contractor Quality Control”, provisions in their contracts. The purpose of this course is to familiarize all quality management personnel with the USACE construction quality management policies and procedures. The course details the requirements of the government and contractor personnel assigned to the project and the reasons for those requirements. The certificate issued upon successful completion of the CQM class is good for 5 years and is valid for USACE, Navy and other Federal agency projects. It is recommended that contractors review contract specifications to ensure changes have not been made to the requirements.
  • Contractor Performance Assessment Reporting System hosts web-enabled applications that are used to collect and manage the library of automated contractor performance evaluations completed in accordance with FAR Parts 36 and 42. In general, contractor performance assessments or evaluations provide a record, both positive and negative, for a given contract during a specified period of time.

  • Defense Acquisition Information and Tools
  • Organizations within the federal government publish notices on proposed contract actions valued at more than $25,000. These notices, or contract opportunities, cover announcements through official solicitations in the pre-award process. Anyone interested in doing business with the government can use this system to research active opportunities.

    Each contract opportunity found at SAM.gov/SAM provides the following information:

  • The original notice and any related notices to show the full pre-award acquisition
  • A notice history that includes updates and tracking changes
  • Any related attachments or external links
  • You can search for opportunities by keyword, solicitation ID, or by the name of a federal organization. You can then use a wide variety of filters to narrow results. Related notices are linked together to get a fuller acquisition view.

    While you don’t need a user account to view contract opportunities, you will need one to access additional capabilities—such as:

  • Saving and rerunning searches
  • Following opportunities to keep up to date on notices
  • Adding yourself to an opportunity’s Interested Vendors List
  • Downloading search results or display items into .pdf or .csv files
  • Running customized reports on opportunities data
  • Requesting access to controlled but unclassified attachments
  • Instructions on how to submit a response, offer, or proposal
  • The date on which responses are due
  • Oregon's Procurement Technical Assistance Center - The Government Contract Assistance Program (GCAP) is part of a nationwide network of Procurement Technical Assistance Centers working to help small businesses compete successfully in the government marketplace.
  • General Services Administration Forms Library: SF330 There is a new Architect-Engineer Qualifications Standard Form (SF) 330. It replaces old SF 254 and SF 255 starting June 8th, 2004. Download or print the new SF 330 free of charge here. Federal agencies use this form to obtain information from architect-engineer (A-E) firms about their professional qualifications.

  • Use these GSA resources to learn more about doing business with GSA, government contracting opportunities, and marketing your contract.

  • Procurement Technical Assistance Center(PTACs) provide a wide range of government contracting help — most free of charge! Contact your local PTAC for government contracting help with topics such as: Determining Suitability for Contracting:  A PTAC counselor can help you determine if your company is ready for government opportunities and how to best position yourself to succeed.
  • The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) aids, counsels, assists and protects the interests of small business concerns, to preserve free competitive enterprise and to maintain and strengthen the overall economy of our nation. The SBA helps Americans start, build and grow businesses.

  • System for Award Management (SAM) is the Official U.S. Government system that consolidated the capabilities of CCR/FedReg, ORCA, and EPLS.

  • Dive safety requirements. Domestic commercial dive contractor must meet the minimum standards set forth in the most recent edition of the USACE Safety and Health Requirements Manual, EM-385-1-93, to compete for routine diving work.

Outreach Opportunities

OR APEX Accelerator - Government Contracting Assistance Program (GCAP)
OR APEX Accelerator - Government Contracting Assistance Program (GCAP) Sign up for newsletter to learn about Small Business Events. Check website for calendar: https://www.gcap.org/...
Oregon Association of Minority Entrepreneurs (OAME) Annual Trade Show
Oregon Association of Minority Entrepreneurs (OAME) Annual Trade Show: Portland, OR...
USACE Training Virtual Roadshow
USACE Training Virtual Roadshow: TBD, Feb. & Nov. 2024...
South Dakota Apex Accelerator Meet the Buyers
South Dakota Apex Accelerator Meet the Buyers: TBD...
Wyoming Apex Accelerator Meet the Buyers
Wyoming Apex Accelerator Meet the Buyers: TBD...
Walla Walla District – Small Business Industry Day 2024
March 19 to March 19 ICAL Google
USACE Walla Walla Small Business Industry Day March 19, 2024...
Oregon Association of Minority Entrepreneurs (OAME) Annual Trade Show
May 09 to May 09 ICAL Google
Oregon Association of Minority Entrepreneurs (OAME) Annual Trade ShowDate: May 9, 2024 https://oame.org/LOCATION: Portland Convention Center, Portland, OR...
USACE Omaha Small Business Days
May 24 ICAL Google
USACE Omaha Small Business Days: Omaha, NE, May 24, 2024...
Greater Kansas City Post Regional Industry Day
June 11 to June 13 ICAL Google
Greater Kansas City PostRegional Industry DaySheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center2345 McGee Street, Kansas City, MO 64108Kansas City, MO 64108...
2024 Idaho Small Business Contracting Symposium
June 11 to June 11 ICAL Google
2024 Idaho Small Business Contracting Symposium, June 11, 2024  8:00 am – 4:00 pm in Boise, Idaho...

Contact us

Contracting: 503-808-3870

Small Business: 503-808-4000

Download our Brochure


Firms who feel they have been unfairly treated should contact:

  • Regulatory Enforcement Fairness,
  • Office of the National Ombudsman,
  • U.S. Small Business Administration
  • 409 3rd Street, S.W.
  • Washington, DC 20416
  • Tel: (886) 734-3247